Home Precious Metals

Isn't it time the Mint buys Gold and Silver from the Market!

The Mint is preparing for 2009, they must have the metal sooooooooooooooooo could the gold and silver deflation be due to them wanting a good price?

Comments

• The Mint is preparing for 2009, they must have the metal sooooooooooooooooo could the gold and silver deflation be due to them wanting a good price?

What makes you think the Mint is in a position to manipulate the gold and silver markets?
  • RWBRWB Posts: 1
    According to the Silver Institute, in 2007 silver used for coins and medals totaled 37.8 million troy ounces out of total demand of 894.8 million ounces. Worldwide mints used about 4.2% of demand. This is likely not enough to affect commodity markets.
  • dlimb2dlimb2 Posts: 3
    They be part of the GOVMENT, ain't they!image They do about anything they want!
  • dlimb2dlimb2 Posts: 3
    Ok, maybe they don't want the metal for coining! Maybe their intent is to put some away, buying real money(GOLD and SILVER) with worthless $'s.... TOOOOOOOOOO me I think it is a combination of actions...which can be summed up into one word MANIPULATION! I do not believe either that our Government would be caught without any stock piled somewhere..just like the oil reserves!